Spring

It has been quite a ride these past few months.

Sometimes after I have not been here for a long time, I become reluctant to return.

I feel obligated somehow to bring the blog up to date, to fill in all the details of the months I have been absent.

Although there is much to document, the most prevalent issue for me is the recent and sudden passing of my Dad - Vince, I have always loved his name, it suited him it is a strong name.

It has been almost a month, my thoughts are always close to him, I think about him constantly, I recall my childhood at the strangest moments, old memories are closer than they have been in many years.

I feel profoundly sad at times, and a type of melancholy can overwhelm me if I let the thoughts of my Dad's death dwell for too long in my head.

I now feel I have never understood or shown the apathy that was deserved when others that I know have lost a parent. I thought I truly felt for their loss, but I did not understand the depth of their pain or the strange feeling of losing a parent brings, at least for me.

I thought I did, but I did not have a clue, I had not been through it myself until now.

He was a complicated man my Father, whom I loved very much and will miss deeply.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keisha

The Kindess of Others