Getting settled ...

Just over a year has gone by since we bought the little house in Madoc.



It is a love\hate relationship we share with living in Toronto and a little home just north of Madoc.

The hardest part for me is that we are apart during the week most of the time. Not that I mind that part all that much, with the technology we have in this day and age I feel close to Terri at all times. And it only makes sense he is painting and renovating the place, and I work all day, it is such a waste of our time to have him sitting in an apt all week.

I think a large part of it is that I am bored when I am here in the apt. I need to find a hobby for this place. I did try painting in the winter and was getting into it, I should finish what I started or start a new one.

Since I was last here so much has changed, we now have quite a little family.

We have Max, or as we like to call him Mr. Man! He is without a doubt the most tenacious personality we have even been around. I do not think he believes he is a dog.




After we moved into the house we figured a cat was a smart idea. We named her Cooper after the hamlet we live in. It was a perfect name because when we got her from the farm down the road she was so young we did not know her sex yet. So Cooper being non gender specific worked.

She is so much fun and goes with Terri when he walks the dogs down the road, if you try and leave her at home she freaks. Meows so loud we can hear her out on the road and go back to get her. That is right she knows just how to play us.




Last but not least is the newest additional to our home, Rupert. He is a big loveable goof and offsets the other two much more serious kidlets in our house perfectly.

We got him from a rescue mission out of Peterborough, but then had to drive to Ottawa to get him. Max spent the entire car ride home with his head buried under blankets. We figured that he thought if he did not look at Rupert it meant he did not exist. But did and the two of them are great friends now.




I miss them all tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas painting ...

Man Rinaldo

The Kindess of Others