A Christmas painting ...

Four years ago, at Christmas time Terri moved into our home. Probably the best Christmas I had ever had, full of ... potential. We were unsure at the time what was coming our way, but we both knew something special was there.

He gave me a painting, no, he did better than that, he presented me with a painting, it was one of the most romantic moments in my life.



Two years ago I contacted Trevor, www.trevoredwinclark.com to purchase a painting Terri loved of his, a portrait Trevor has done of Terri.

It was a great present to give him, I think the best gift I had ever given.



Last year there was no "Christmas painting".

This year as we were putting up the Christmas tree, I told Terri that I thought we should have a "Christmas Painting".

I downloaded some Christmas themed images, and began to create a painting for Bay and Brennen. My first Christmas painting.

I choose an old fashioned Christmas card image.



I had fun instantly with the subject matter, but the perspectives were difficult. It was the first time I had attempted something that I had to actually work within boundaries in order to make it work.



I thought I had drawn it pretty well, but soon I could see how off the car was. How could I possibly do the tires? And the toboggans ... they made my head hurt!

It seems this painting stuff is not as easy as Terri makes it look.

I made him a proposal, it was a tight deadline, I proposed we worked together, and thankfully, he would help with the perspective issues.

He was reluctant initially, but my logic was sound.

To give my daughter a painting from us both was way better than from just one of us. I convinced him it would be fun.

We became a tag team on the painting. The two styles finding a nice middle ground.



He helped me so much to understand why some things were not working like I wanted, the shading under the car, just popped it so much.



I was falling in love with this painting.



The fun was that there was so many details.

They would change during the weeks we worked the painting.







In the end we created a B&B's Candy Shoppee Est. 1988, a BB4 EVR licence plate and a doll store.

I hope in the end they will enjoy this, our first Two Clancys Christmas painting, half as much as we enjoyed creating it for them.



Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey guys
just checking out the blog, love the works that i havn't seen before. ill keep in touch.
later

Popular posts from this blog

The Kindess of Others

Keisha