A Drive To The Country

Yesterday we went to the country, we had not been to see Trevor and Amanda's new home, we were overdue.

Things had changed for them since last we saw them, we were also going to meet the newest addition to their family, their daughter, Simone.



Two young talented artists, starting a new life in a new home. It had been a long time since I had seen clothes that small.



A school house in the country, does it get any better than that? We left the noise and crazy pace of Toronto behind us and looked forward to our visit very much.

It was beautiful, gardens full of flowers.



Beans growing up the vines in the sunshine.



A sense of history prevailed throughout this home, initials of the children carved into the brick, blackboards on the walls, there was a bell at the bottom of the stairs. I thought of the sound it would of made, and what it would have been like as it called the children to class, did they hear it for miles around?



It was perfect for them, this house, it suited them, they are such a wonderful family.

But, as much as I could go on forever on the day, that is not why I am here.

These are why I am here ....





Yesterday during our visit, they each gave us one of their paintings. Our wedding gift.

OK, I will not lie, since our wedding, and I knew I was getting a painting, I have been excited, I mean really frigging excited about owning one of their paintings.

I have a great respect for them both as painters, but more than that I have great respect for them as individuals. Owning one of their paintings to hang proudly in my home, was a privilege I was very excited about.

When we arrived home last night we moved things around and hung the paintings, Amanda's close to the other Trevor painting we hang, a portrait of Clancy.



Trevor's in our dining room, it was stunning. But when I woke in the morning I knew that this painting needed a better wall colour behind it. It was too powerful for such a dull colour.

This leads me to the second part of this long winded blog entry, when I mentioned it to Clancy he says, let's paint the wall. That is right, not let's think about painting it, or do it next week sometime. Right then and there, he brings me out a bunch of colours to choose from, he has all the supplies, neat and tidy too.



I had to smile and just shake my head. I think again about how special he is, and how much I love this man. He starts to paint the wall, just like that. No fussing, or bitching. he too is very excited about these paintings.

I picked a dark grey, Clancy is unsure, because the aptartment is dark to begin with, but with the vibrant colours I want it dark behind.

I love the way it turned out.



I cannot stop looking at the paintings, it is a strange feeling to have them here. I am use to paintings evolving over time. to watching them come alive. These were gifts to us. Without a doubt the best gifts I have ever been given.



I am a lucky woman to live for the life I lead, and to share it with those I do.

Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas painting ...

The Kindess of Others

Keisha